Many thanks to Mary Calmes for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming paranormal m/m romance, Nexus (Warder #5), for a lucky commenter to win!Â Nexus will be released by Dreamspinner Press on October 26.
Marcus Roth is a top criminal lawyer by day and demon-slaying warder by night, but he is simply one of five warders – not really important to anyone but Joseph Locke, his hearth. Or so Marcus mistakenly believes.
On a trip to Lexington, Kentucky, to celebrate Joe’s grandfatherâ€™s birthday, that belief changes as Marcus unwittingly uncovers a paranormal dilemma and ends up revealing his identity as a warder to Joe’s family. Faced with a traitor, demons, and the return of an old enemy, Marcus must put his own needs aside to save his friends – though in so doing he may lose the man he loves forever. Even living through the ordeal might not be enough if Marcus can’t forgive himself and learn that his hearth and the rest of his clutch can’t do without him.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
â€œBoys donâ€™t sleep in the same bed when theyâ€™re grown-ups,â€ my mother said when I read it to her.
â€œMen donâ€™t talk nice to each other like that,â€ my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful menâ€¦ I donâ€™t understand the question.
When people tell you that theyâ€™ve enjoyed something youâ€™ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
You can find out more about Mary at her website or her blog.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT,Tuesday, October 25.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Really, we’re only this close to each other because we miss Mom.” -Chaos
“What the big kitty said!” -Mayhem
71 thoughts on “Ebook Giveaway: Nexus (Warder #5) by Mary Calmes [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Mary Calmes … yes, please count me in!
Yay! I’m waiting for this one!
Oh, It’s the last one… Count me in please 🙂
Me please! Thank you!
Definitely yes, please!
count me in
count me in!
Please put my
name in the hat 🙂
Please count me in
Please count me in 😀
Count me in too! Free Mary Calmes Ebook just double icing on the happiness cake!
I’m entering the contest.
I’m so behind with this series and now there’s another book. Well, I better start reading this series soon.
Ooh. I want. Count me in pls.
Awww, loving kitties (even if only temporary).
Mine have progressed to a crazy cat who’s not eating. Vet bills, here we come. 🙁
I have read all previous Warder books and loved them.
Yes please! I mean, please add me. Oh and poor kitties! You’re such a mean mom.
A recent post from Erica Pike..My First Book Deal!
Ack! Almost missed this. I need this book!!!! So please count me in!
Aww Chaos and May look so cozy
A recent post from mrspao..Making Monday : The Transatlantic Edition
Please count me in! Thanks!
please count me in Too, I always enjoy mary calmes books!
Please count me in!
Comments are closed.