Whew! Things just seem to have gotten a little crazy over the past week or so. Work is busy, busy, busy. I’m waaaaaaaay behind on bloglines (if you’ve been wondering what happened to me there). And some very dear friends’ baby is due imminently. I had a picture of the baby bolero I’m knitting (note that I’m still knitting it and am not done with it), but the picture vanished into the internets somewhere. Grrr.
At least I managed to take a picture of one of the skeins of (hopefully self-striping) yarn I dyed! This was a test skein, from some random fingering weight yarn I had around, and isn’t enough for a pair of adult socks. I then dyed a skein of Knitpicks with these colors, but I didn’t get the purple as dark as I wanted. Anyway, this skein was dyed with Jacquard Silk Dye, which also works on wool and other animal fibers. These are liquid dyes and are definitely not the most economical way to dye. I just happened to disover a bottle of purple and a bottle of black in my cupboard and decided to see what would happen.
Check out Jeanne’s blog entry about some of our warping board adventures and a rubber chicken.