Congrats to Paula, who won Trust in Me by Lori Toland!
Congrats to Cursingmama, who won Stranger in Black by Devon Rhodes!
Congrats to Lauren, who won Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton! Between Sinners and Saints will be released on May 29 by Amber Allure.
Congrats to Melanie M, who won A.J.â€™s Angel by L.A. Witt! A.J.â€™s Angel is being released by Samhain Publishing on May 31.
- Blodeued’s giving away two copies of Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney. Closes May 29. US & Canada.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away two copies of Wickedly Charming by Kristine Grayson. Closes May 29. US & Canada.
- Book Lovers Inc is giving away a copy of Virna DePaul’s Chosen by Blood. Closes June 11.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR) and Book Lovers Inc (UF/PNR/etc).
- Book and publishing news/links from Dear Author, Smart Bitches, and ReadReactReview.
- Fiction Vixen wonders what makes you stop reading an author – a single book you couldn’t finish? Or? Definitely read the comments.
- Have publishers caused the decline of books that they blame on technology? Did they create their current dilemma?
- Sunita has a great post at Dear Author about m/m romance and how it’s nearly always classified as erotica, whether it really is or not.
- TeleRead has an open letter to publishers about ebook quality control, focused mainly on print books that have been converted to ebooks.
- New NookColors will only have one GB of user-accessible storage – the other four GBs will be reserved for content purchased from Barnes & Noble.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Not so surprising to discover that the increase in desk jobs has helped fuel the obesity epidemic.
- Did you celebrate Towel Day on Wednesday? Or Geek Pride Day?
- Or maybe you could make a Harry Potter quilt instead?
- I haven’t had a chance to watch this 55-minute Matrix fan film, but it sounds amazing.
- Fabulous linkity from The Mary Sue that includes The Doctor and the Little Prince, how to make chocolate zombie truffles, Jack Sparrow statue made from scrap iron, and more!
- If you’re looking for designs for simple furniture, check out the DIY Design Bank.
- This IKEA hack is conceptually similar to my storage futon frame, although my frame is enclosed, so it’s pretty dust- and cat hair-free.
Cool or Wha…?
- Steampunk spiders. (via The Mary Sue)
- Are you one of the people who’s turned their back yards into a little Disney park?
- Roadkill plush toys?! (Thanks, Bronwyn!)
- Tentacle tie! (Thanks, PD!)
- “Time Is Money” clock. (Thanks, Bronwyn!)
- Teh seben kittehs ob teh aboxalypse. (Pretty sure Chaos is standing in front of them directing their actions.)
- Who doesn’t love falling asleep with a gud book?
- Kitten! Baby tiger! Kitten! Cygnet! Cat and kitten! Baby tiger! Kittens! Okapis! Kittens! Baby panda! Kitten! Otter! Kitten! Baby panda and mom! Lap full of kittens! Baby panda! Cat and kitten! Baby penguins! Kitten! Lion cub and mom! Cat and kittens! Quail chick! Baby platypuses.
Reverb by Jet Mykles. ebook. Excellent m/m romance about the lead singer of a rock band who’s really attracted to his straight lead guitarist and finally has the opportunity to seduce him… and then things go very, very wrong. Keep your hankies handy for this one!
Highway Man by Eden Winters. ebook short. Excellent short m/m romance based on the song “Papa Was a Rodeo” by the Magnetic Fields. I like to think that part of the song is an epilogue for the story. 🙂
Nothing Ever Happens by Sue Brown. ebook. Very good, very angsty m/m romance about a gay man staying married both for his son’s sake and out of fear of his overbearing, homophobic mother. Things start to break down when a new couple move to the neighborhood… Be warned that there’s infidelity in this one, which isn’t usually to my taste, either, but I got sucked in despite that.
Pain Management by Cassidy Ryan & Zoe Nichols. ebook short. Very good short m/m romance about two guys who are business partners and best friends, until a drunken night together threatens all of it. Um, I might’ve cried a bit – this one really got to me! I got sniffly on the reread, too.
Deliberately Bound (Bound #3.5) by Ava March. free ebook short. Steamy short kinky m/m romance in which things don’t go at all as Vincent had planned upon Oliver’s return from London.
A Weapon of Opportunity by Kiernan Kelly. ebook. Good paranormal m/m romance about a gay cop in love with his straight partner, who was killed in the line of duty five years earlier… but his ghost remains.
A Fool for You by Cat Grant. ebook. Good m/m romance about a dyslexic keyboardist who gets screwed over by his band members and boyfriend because he wasn’t able to write his music down. The pacing on this felt odd to me – an overnight change from brat to not-brat plus insta-love just didn’t quite gel.
Stroke to His Cox by JL Merrow. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about the cox of a rowing team, who has a crush on one of his rowers.
Keeping House (Truth or Dare #1) by Lee Brazil. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about a trust fund baby whose controlling older brothers manipulate him into getting a job and supporting himself. If only it hadn’t been insta-love…
Impossible to Resist by Em Woods. ebook short. Steamy short m/m romance about a guy who’s phobic about being touched, but that doesn’t stop him from having a crush on one of the co-owners of the firm where he works. I did have a couple niggles: refractory periods and whether someone with haptephobia would actually change so quickly. Also, it felt like there was an awful lot of story for so few pages.
Lipstick & Handguns (Lawful Disorder, Book 1) by Gabrielle Evans. ebook. Ok m/m romantic suspense about a cop who finds himself getting too attached to a guy who survived being abducted and tortured. I kept getting distracted from the story by typos and descriptions that had me rereading to see if I’d read them right.
“Send me all your everythings now, please. Thank you.” -Mayhem
25 thoughts on “Lead on, linkity, lead on”
That’s it. Reverb is going on my list as the next book to read! Well, after I get back from camping anyway as there’s no way I’m taking the Sony anywhere it may get wet :).
A recent post from Jenre..Fools Oath by Chris Quinton
I was in need of some cat fun and actually forwarded the link of 17 facts about cats to my sis, she’s servicing two of those felines 😉
I’m joining Jenre in the need to read Reverb by Jet Mykles. It sounds uber good! And I’m having a blegh week mixed with a bit of good stuff so I could use a pick-me-ip read 🙂
Have a great weekend Chris! I’m off with friends to celebrate my sisters *whispers* 33rd b-day 😀
What a cute, innocent request, May;)
A recent post from Melanie..Ten Years Above Ground!!
Lengthy linkity – I approve ;o)
A recent post from trek..On gender or lack thereof
Oh, I LOVE those tights! Those are awesome!
And LOL on the Cat5 whip! Heh…
A recent post from Brigitte..So Its Really Been AwhileWhoops
Chris- I have actually had deep fried strawberries, and they were incredible.
I love the tights-
A recent post from Lorraine..Out And About
Reverb is certainly tempting me. I haven’t read her book in a long, long time. And I can’t agree more about Highway Man. Excellent doesn’t even begin to describe it. I wanted it to be looooonger. ^^
I’m going to start following Stephani Hecht’s movie reviews. Just sayin’.
Have a great weekend! Cold cabiny stuff for us.
I don’t care what they say. I can’t remember anything more because my brain is full.
A recent post from Cheryl S…FO- Sherwood Mitts
Squeeeeeeee! Mayhem, everything I have is yours.
A recent post from Marji..argonauta
Of course I will send you ALL my everythings May! You are so darn cute…
Very interesting article at Fiction Vixion’s Chris & hey – I’d never heard of “Mary Sue” before. lol
The road kill plush toys? eep!
I’ve got my eye on that new Kobo e-reader – but I so don’t need it! lol
Thank you so much for pimping Virna’s giveaway Chris – I really appreciate it..
And, thanks for all the great linkety!
Have a wonderful long weekend. 😉
A recent post from Lea..Big Addicted To You Contest at Bethany Kanes Blog
Fantastic linkity as usual & really need the advice re how to de-crapify my life! Have a lovely long weekend off.
Books will be a thing of the past? Noooo!
I’m a linkety! Cool!
Terrifying stuffed tigers – who wouldn’t call out the choppers?
….still reading the periodic table.
Sure, Mayhem! Does that include the dresser in the garage filled with unidentified tools? Because I’ve been wondering what to do with it. (Pitch it).
A recent post from Carrie#K..Math Trumps Blocking
Ok pimple ring was just gross!
A recent post from blodeuedd..Review Dragon Bound – Thea Harrison
Must… Send… Everything… To… Mayhem…
OMG! I want a Disney backyard!!!
Also, I’m glad the “Trust In Me” contest is over. Every time I read the title, I started singing the song by the same name from “The Jungle Book”.
A recent post from Nicole..Friday Reads The Picture of Dorian Gray
I have someone I banned after one DNF, but it was preceded by an “okay” and a “force myself to skim just to say I finished it”.
I am stunned by that Joplin pick. Boggled.
While I liked deep fried things, I think it’s getting out of control. What’s wrong with a plain strawberry dipped in chocolate?
I sent that Star Wars bathroom to Craig. Now he’s got his own condo he can redo his bathroom. 🙂
McRice Burger? Heh.
Pineapple pants = creepy (and high waisted).
Damn you autocorrect makes my stomach hurt from laughing.
Well the only one I read was Keeping House of those book. For some reason the Jet Mykles isn’t calling me, although I loved Heaven Sent and I’m not sure I’m in the mood for sniffling.
You have a very bendy cat.
A recent post from Tam..Friday Updates
I had no idea a group of cats was called a clowder, or that a female cat was a queen or a molly. Wow – I learn all sorts of neat stuff in your linkity posts!
A recent post from Ava March..New Contract News
Dear god, why oh why did I click on the pimple ring link?
A recent post from KB/KT Grant..BEA 2011- Book Blogger Con Book Swag
Linkity! YAH! But that pimple ring…I think I’m going to be sick 🙁
And there are so many books in your Reading Update I don’t know where to start. Reverb or Pain Management or A Weapon of Opportunity…
May – they are in the post 🙂
A recent post from orannia..Down The Rabbit Hole
OOPS! Forgot to say, I am excited about the Nook touch screen!
A recent post from orannia..Down The Rabbit Hole
I had no idea a group of cats was called a clowder.
I’m convinced I’ll be dejunkifying for the rest of my life. 🙂
This deep-frying fad is going way too far when you deep fry strawberries.
Love the cat scratch tights but pineapple pants, really?!
As cute as those ferrets are, I’ve learned that ferrets don’t like clothes any better than cats.
Everything is on the way, May. That’s an easy way to declutter. 😉
I have to find those tights — Linkity helps with gift giving yet again.
A recent post from Mary Lou..Vintage Buttons
Awwwwww, May – such a sweet girl 🙂
The Harry Potter quilt is great! So is the Spock, one!
The Alan Rickman letter was very sweet.
The Star Wars bathroom made me giggle.
And the deep fried strawberries just perplex me.
Awesome collection of linkity!
A recent post from Bronwyn Green..Texts from Cait – Part Four
Love the 17 things about cats, although I disagree that dogs only have 10 vocal sounds, whoever researched that has obviously not met Django.
May, would you like me to send Django to you?
The Joplin picture kills me – I’ve been watching this unfold from a VERY personal POV – my aunt was trapped in her collapsed house for two hours while we waited to find out if she was dead or alive. Joplin is my dad’s hometown, and much of our family lives there. Dad has been there since the morning after, saving what he can from his sisters’ destroyed home, and has ended up on numerous news outlets because they were located right across from Franklin Tech. That before and after picture is so true to what many of the pictures I’ve seem display.