- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Ciji Ware’s A Race to Splendor. Comment by April 8 for your chance to win. (US & Canada only)
- If you’d like a little Mardi Gras in your life, enter Book Addict Patti’s contest for a box of beads and other fun things from Mardi Gras. Contest closes April 10. (US only)
- Book Lovers Inc is giving away a $20 gift certificate to the online bookstore of your choice. Leave a meaningful comment on the interview with Laura Wright by April 23 for your chance to win.
- Shawn Lane’s having a contest in which five winners will be able to pick anything off her backlist, her forthcoming Galaxy’s Heart (Sutter’s Bay #3), or her forthcoming Becoming His. Comment by April 25 for your chance to win.
- New releases and more: Lily (m/m romance), AAR (romance audiobooks), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR, newsletter), KB (various romance/PNR/UF), and Book Lovers Inc (various romance/PNR/UF).
- If you’ve read J.R. Ward’s latest Black Dagger Brotherhood novel, Lover Unleashed, head over to Smexy Books and share your thoughts in the comments.
- Great quote about libraries and books from Dr. Who. (rest of site is NSFW)
- Each week, MLR Press has a different m/m romance ebook you can download free. The download link is to the right of the “Free Read of the Week” banner.
- Have you been downloading the books that All Romance eBooks is giving away for Earth Day? Here’s the complete list – I highly recommend picking up Cut & Run on April 11! (My reviewette is later in this post.) If you sign up to receive the newsletter, you’ll get notified about each day’s book.
- The new ebook version of From Here to Eternity will put back the gay sex that was removed by the original publisher. (via Addison Albright)
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Interesting idea for how to procrastinate more productively. Or you could just build a cubicle mansion…
- Sixteen failed computers… hey! I really loved the wireless keyboard on my PCjr – in 1983.
- An amazing story of one man’s effort to reach his wife after the tsunami hit Japan. (via First Things First)
- Did you know that unless you’re crouching on the seat of your toilet, you’re probably pooping wrong?! O.o
- How to make gloves with conductive thread in them so you can use your smartphone in the winter without baring skin.
- I like these finger knitted bracelets a lot.
- I wonder how many accidents this “real” world Hot Wheels loop will cause?
- What’s a little procrastination between friends? (rest of site is NSFW)
- Cat men?!
- Long ago (in the mid-1990s), I lived with a guy who made videos for local bands. I have a very, very tiny cameo in one of them: I’m at 44 seconds in the video for “Smile” by Arcwelder. Check out my long, spiral-permed hair (complete with crazy white streak from the sun) and my Lennonesque glasses. 🙂
- Wren found a smokin’ hot ad for the Jawbone Bluetooth headset. *fans self*
- And if that video whetted your appetite for rugby, Smart Bitches found an All Black-themed New Zealand Air safety video.
- This is also the exact distance at which May drops the toys she’d like me to throw for fetch.
- Kittens! Wee clouded leopard cubs! Kitten! Polar bear! Kitten! Wee baby bobcat! Kittens! Fennec foxes! Cat and kitten! Ferret! Kittens! Bobcat! Kitten! Penguins! Kitten! Baby ferrets! Kitten! Fennec fox! Kitten! Cheetah family! Kittens! Polar bear and baby! Baby penguin! Jaguar! Lioness and cub!
Taste (Horizons #2) by Mickie B. Ashing. ebook. Very good m/m romance about a San Francisco architect visiting friends (Jody and Clark from Horizons) when he meets a cute tattooed guy working at Taste of Chicago.
Mandarin Orange: Sweet and Sour by T.C. Blue. ebook. Good m/m romance about a guy who eventually realizes he might not be as straight as he’d always believed after he meets the guy who will be living in the apartment downstairs.
Three Alarm Fire (EMS Heat #8) by Stephani Hecht. ebook. Sweet m/m romance about an EMT who was in an abusive relationship a few years ago and since then has been afraid to let anyone that close to him.
Wrong Number, Right Guy (Celebrity #1) by Mia Watts. ebook. Cute m/m romance about a guy who misdials and doesn’t realize that he’s talking to a closeted movie star in town for a film shoot.
Getting Off the Ground (Postcards from Paradise #1) by L.A. Witt. ebook. Good m/m romance about a guy who was left at the altar by his live-in boyfriend of six years. He decides to use one of the honeymoon tickets to go to Hawaii by himself and meets a very intriguing man in the airport when their flight is delayed. Please note that this is just the first part of the story – the second part will be released in a few weeks.
Anything in a Skirt (Gay Until Graduation #2) by Kim Dare. ebook short. free. Very good short kinky m/m romance following up on the two guys from Gay Until Graduation (G-A-Y #3). (I took that photograph at Twin Cities Pride 2010!)
Handcuffs & Ball Gags (Rawlings Men #6) by Kim Dare. ebook short. Good kinky short m/m romance about a police constable who gets upset when his flatmate attends a potentially dangerous environmental rally, which leads to a most interesting discussion…
Cut & Run (Book 1) by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux. ebook. reread. Good m/m romantic suspense about two wildly different FBI agents who are tossed together to try to catch a serial killer. I think this would’ve been a better read if it had been tightened up – parts of it seemed to drag.
Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run #2) by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux. ebook. Very good m/m romantic suspense two FBI agents who can’t go back out in the field until they pass their psych evals, so their boss sends them on vacation to relax for a few weeks… Usually Urban & Roux’s headhopping doesn’t particularly bother me, but it did a few times in this book.
Fish & Chips (Cut & Run #3) by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense in which our two FBI agents are sent on a cruise to impersonate a high rolling couple. As usual, nothing much goes as planned.
“Put the computer down and feed me now and no one gets hurt… much.” -Chaos