Congrats to Nikyta, who won Looking for Adventure by Valentina Heart!
Congrats to Sandy Jay, who won Wrong Number, Right Guy by Mia Watts! Wrong Number, Right Guy will be released by Amber Allure on March 27.
- Smexy Books has an absolutely brilliant Black Dagger Brotherhood skit, plus the chance to win a $25 giftcard for Amazon or $25 to spend at JR Ward’s Merchandise Store. Comment by March 26 for your chance to win.
- Fiction Vixen also has an absolutely brilliant Black Dagger Brotherhood skit, plus the chance to win a $25 giftcard to the online bookstore of your choice. Comment by March 26 for your chance to win.
- MsM’s giving away two different groups of paperbacks, both of which include some m/m. Contest closes March 28.
- Tracy’s giving away an ebook copy of Either Ore (Going for the Gold 2) by Karen Mercury. Contest closes 7 pm PDT, March 31. Contest post is NSFW!
- Brief Encounters is having their UK m/m authors fortnight and are giving away all sorts of ebooks by authors from the UK. Comment by 7 pm CDT, April 1, for your chance to win.
- Comment by April 1 for your chance to win a dozen gluten-free hamburger buns from Gluten-Free in Georgia.
- Book Lovers Inc is giving away two copies of Beth Kery’s The Hometown Hero Returns. Leave a meaningful comment through April 2 for your chance to win.
- MrsPao is offering both a knitterly and non-knitterly prize to anyone who donates to Shelterbox to help Japan. Comment to let her knowÂ you donated by April 10.
- New releases and more: Book Lovers Inc (a little of everything) and Literary Escapism (UF/PNR new releases, contests, news).
- A New York Times bestselling author explains why she pulled her YA m/m short story from a forthcoming anthology because the editor told her to change it to an m/f story. (via KathyK)
- Self-publishing phenomenon Amanda Hocking signed a $2+ million four-book contract with St. Martin’s Press.
- You can download Clare London’s paranormal historical m/m romance, Threadbare, for free (along with some other m/m romances from JMS Books) if you don’t mind an ad at the beginning of the book.
- Unsurprisingly, effective ebook pricing depends on consumer perception of value.
Make, Think, Do, Learn, Help
- From now until April 15, Mary Lou’s donating 100% of her online pattern sales to Doctors Without Borders for Japanese earthquake relief.
- AT&T wants to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telecom. Stephen Colbert’s 2007 report on AT&T’s formation remains true today. Gizmodo on why this will probably be bad for consumers.
- There are new recommendations for how long kids should be in rear-facing car seats and booster seats.
- A large popcorn at the movies can contain as many calories as three Big Macs. Ack! No wonder movie theaters want to be exempt from including calorie counts…
- Knit a Dwarven Battle Helmet for your next Halloween costume. (Thanks, Seanna Lea!)
- You could cross stitch your Easter eggs this year instead of dyeing them…
- Purple pesto! (via The Kitchn)
- Nutella cupcakes! All sorts of Nutella recipes! And darn it, we missed World Nutella Day on February 5.
- Apparently cupcakes in a jar are the latest thing in cupcakes.
- Hmm. Maybe I’ll do this to my toenails this summer.
- Linkity from mrspao – check out the fun USB drives she found – and linkity from Kristi.
- For all your Elder Gods knitting needs… (Thanks, PD!)
- Do you have the pencil sharpening attachment for your power drill yet?
- Sproinging lambs! Kitten! Red panda! Kitten! Baby panda! Kitten! Baby numbat! Kitten! Baby koala! Kittens! Red panda video overload! Kittens! Baby buns! Kittens! Fawn! Kitten! Red panda!Â African black-footed kitten!
The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, Book 1) by M. Chandler. ebook. Very good m/m romantic suspense, heavier on the suspense than the romance, about an FBI agent and an elusive jewel thief. I’ve definitely read books that cost a lot more than this ($0.95) that weren’t anywhere near as good! Also, make yourself a post-it to keep track of the team’s names and codenames – thanks for the tip, Kassa!
Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, Book 2) by M. Chandler. ebook. Very good m/m romantic suspense about a jewel thief who’s hired by the FBI to help solve a string of industrial prototype heists by someone with a style eerily similar to his…
With a Bullet (Shadow of the Templar, Book 3) by M. Chandler. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense in which an old enemy gets out of jail and comes after the team. Each book in this series is a bit longer… I stayed up until 2:30 am because I had to finish this one.
High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, Book 4) by M. Chandler. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense in which our FBI agent ends up in his jewel thief’s world for a while. I cried an awful lot near the end, even though I was pretty sure it would turn out ok, and stayed up to late because I absolutely had to finish. While I had a complete immersion experience in this series and it just really worked for me, that’s not the case for everyone – check out the discussion on Kassa’s Goodreads review of The Morning Star for another perspective.
Assorted Shadow of the Templar free fiction that fits before, during, and after the four main books.
With Abandon (With or Without, Book 4) by J.L. Langley. ebook. Pretty good, yet somewhat disappointing paranormal m/m romance about a closeted alpha werewolf who’s convinced himself that he can secretly enjoy his male mate for a few years, then let him go with no one the wiser. I never warmed to the alpha… and there was a stalker, which is what, the second or third in this series already?! Definitely time to find something else to add external tension.
The Boy Next Door by Kate McMurray. ebook. Good m/m romance about a designer who moves from NYC back to his small Connecticut hometown to keep an eye on his mom after his dad dies. He discovers that the house he just bought is next door to the guy he had a crush on in high school, who’s now divorced with a six-year old daughter.
Two-Man Advantage (Seattle Marauders, Book 1) by Riley Shane. ebook. Ok m/m romance about a guy who gets dumped via text message as he’s supposed to be heading off on a romantic weekend getaway with his boyfriend. Going on his own, he discovers there’s a naked man asleep in the bed in his cabin. This story suffers from insta-love, and perhaps got some of its inspiration from Ethan Day’s Sno Ho…
31 thoughts on “Linkity for the snowy first week of spring”
I swim in the linkity!
Oh, Chaos! I am sooooo tempted to stroke your tummy! But I won’t 🙂
A recent post from orannia..Guilt And Responsibility
Oh, linkity, how I’ve missed you so!!
So last night my husband tells me Japan is sending back all donations because they don’t need them…hah, I say. And those gloves are soooo creepy I keep going back to look at them. It’s a good thing I can’t really buy them.
A recent post from Mary Lou..Japan Earthquake Relief
Oh my gosh, Chaos!!! I wanna pet that belly!
William Shatner is 80?? 80????
Again with the Nutella. As the only person on the planet who doesn’t like Nutella, I still say – ew. And is it scary that I remember the Pac-Man and CP30 cereals?
Want baby fawn. I don’t think the cats would mind.
A recent post from Brigitte..Things Are Starting to Look Normal Again
I love the idea of a Leprechaun trap, esp. in cake form.
Oh, the Onion… so often a little too apt for comfort.
Gotta say, some great tastes just are NOT great together. Bacon and chocolate?! WTF??
Down with HarperCollins!
A recent post from trek..On homework and formatting
You know, that Elder God knitting link goes to a page that at first makes me think “She is wasting her time knitting this weird stuff.” And then I went to her Tumblr blog and saw that nearly all the pieces were knit on commission. PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY ASKED HER FOR THAT STUFF. Wow. Good for her!
I wish I’d seen that Leprechaun Trap cake a few years ago when my youngest was obsessed with leprechauns!!! Maybe I’ll make him a zombie trap cake…
Those book sculptures are SO cool!!!!
And the creepy glove is beyond creepy. *shudder*
A recent post from Bronwyn Green..How to recognize when your sisters been watching too much Supernatural
Do you think we added bacon and coffee to the Betty Crocker Devils Food GF mix it would it would taste as good?
Chaos, I’ve been up since 4:00am. It’s cruel of you to sleep in front of me.
A recent post from margene..Growing
Chris- I can’t talk right now- I’m busy making Cubee Tardis’-
A recent post from Lorraine..The Joys of Staying Home
A recent post from Cheryl S…Why I Hate Airlines
I second Cheryl@. It’s belly rub time!
I want a condom USB drive!
A recent post from PD Singer..Gone Berserk at the Bookstore
Cupcakes in a jar? That’s so weird. But the geek jewelry is very cool. 🙂
A recent post from Val Kovalin..MM Review PsyCop 6 GhosTV by Jordan Castillo Price
I’m surprised that movie popcorn has that few calories, I would have said at least two big mac’s worth.
Oh Chaos, I’m so with you on that today.
We are supposed to get 5 inches of snow in St. Louis tonight.
I love the article by JCP about editing. One of my friends is still trying to get published and I am going to send the article his way. I think that will help him a lot!
A recent post from Seanna Lea..pistachio ice cream
I want those stamps!
Oh and leprechaun cake, awesome!
And those condoms, too good
A recent post from blodeuedd..Review- Three days to Dead – Kelly Meding
Aw, I absolutely love Shadow of the Templar novels. The author has the “missing scenes” as well as other short stories with Simon and Jeremy on her site. Don’t miss that! And thanks for another batch of useful and hilarious links.
Have you read any of Ms. Hocking’s books? I noticed that Ms. Sheep was just finishing one of her series.
I think I’m going to join Chaos in the zzzzzzz-ing because it’s past midnight here… not because your linkity tired me out or something. 🙂
That Shadow of the Templar series sounds like something I need to check out.
A recent post from Janna..Happy Gay Friday
Oh, I love the Onion! Almost as much as I love those hats!
“Microsoft Word Now Includes Squiggly Blue Line To Alert Writer When Word Is Too Advanced For Mainstream Audience.”
I like this. It is a good idea. Don’t you think it is a good idea? I do.
It would also be a good idea if MS Word alerted writers to Elements of a Story That Will Make It Get Bad Reviews. Maybe flashing red strike-throughs? 😀
A recent post from K. Z. Snow..If I could have a monster all my own
Lots of good stuff as always!!
I haven’t read any of these yet but I do have the Templar books as well as With Abandon on my ereader. Have a great weekend!!!!!:)
A recent post from Lily..My A-Z Reading Challenge part one
The books carved to look like their authors is just kinda…weird. You know, having a face stare at you as you’re reading? Just…weird.
I started The Morning Star (cause I’m so suggestable) and love the author’s voice. I’m usually not a suspense gal when it comes to books, but I love movies that are like the book, so I’m totally diggin it.
And damn, I missed talk like Shatner day! Love him! And before anyone mocks, admit it – you can’t help but love Shatner 😉
A recent post from Ava March..Keyword Fun
OK, you’ve persuaded me to buy the first M Chandler book :). I’ll see what I think before I invest in the rest of the series.
A recent post from Jenre..Review- Mere Mortals by Erastes
Yum, Nutella pancakes! And the clementine tea light is very clever. I’ll remember that when I’m stuck out in the woods with just clementines and matches, and olive oil. 😉
A recent post from Lorette..Ten on Tuesday
Love the rainbow cake – so cute! That USB condom is…original 😉
A recent post from Patti (Book Addict)..Review- Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Behind on my linkity, but enjoyed Paperback Writers post – and Chaos for the win.
Just now getting to linkity! I’m super sad about missing world nutella day… I wonder if we could have some kind of re-do…. Maybe establish Bloggers Nutella day.. I REALLY like Nutella
Thanks for all the mentions. I really must get to the post office and buy some stamps! We used to be able to get postcards of the stamps but I’m not sure we can get them any more 🙂
I’m intrigued by the chocolate and bacon combo in a cupcake…
A recent post from mrspao..Book 28- Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones
I love the sparkly ball LOLCat! That happens at my house regularly too.
Also – I want wizards on my stamps!
A recent post from Nicole..Onward